Interior decorating services
“I truly believe that your home should be a reflection of you.
Your personality, your style, & your life.”
As an interior decorator I focus on styling one’s space. This encompasses decorative elements such as: paint color, furniture, décor, & window treatments. I shop for your home and work on the placement of art, furniture, and home accents.
I customize a plan that works for you and your home. My technique is to mix the old with the new and to move things. I will purchase a piece for a home with a “spot” in mind and may move it up to three times until it feels right.
Services under interiors
- Styling | decorating a room(s)
- Home staging
- Outdoor decorating
- Office styling
- Holiday (Seasonal) decorating
Customizable. Varies depending on client’s needs. 50% is due at the start of the project, the remainder upon completion.
“Yvonne was amazing to work with! I hired her to design my entire home, which was new construction and I had no idea where to start. She started by getting an idea of what my design style was and picked out paint colors for the entire home. She turned bland white walls into my glamorous farmhouse I always dreamed of. She came up with wonderful storage solutions for my busy family, and made sure everything was child proof. Yvonne is incredibly organized, works within a budget, trustworthy and a pleasure to work with. I will be hiring her again!”- Nicole E. | Clifton Park, NY
“We hired Yvonne to remodel our office and she did an amazing job! She coordinated the entire process from start to finish. Yvonne made herself readily available and did a great job furnishing our space. I I highly recommend working with Yvonne and Layered Design!”- Michael A. | Saratoga Springs, NY
“I made the move from a one bedroom in Soho to a studio in battery park city. Yvonne was able to work her magic by mixing my old pieces with some new items that gave my studio the fresh update that I needed and in a very reasonable amount of time. Yvonne’s shopping style is efficient. In one day, she had a vision and made that vision come to life within a week. She suggested items she felt would make an impact while incorporating the items I fell in love with and somehow made it all work!
I truly love coming home to my apartment at the end of the day and I have Yvonne to thank for that!!”- Elizabeth D. | New York, NY
Our decorating journey
- Initial inquiry
- Fill out a questionnaire so that I can get to know you a little better.
- This helps me to understand your interests, your lifestyle, and design esthetic.
- Set up a decorating consultation at your home or office.
- We walk around the space, go over what you would like to achieve.
- You supply me with any pictures, websites or ideas you have for your home.
- I leave with a clearer picture of what you are looking to accomplish and start brainstorming some ideas.
- Creative planning
- I develop three inspiration boards.
- We set up a meeting to go over the boards. We can communicate them via email if needed.
- You choose which design option you would like to move forward with.
- Decorating process
- We shop the stores (including online). We plan a few hours to do this together. I do some on own as well.
- I will send you pictures and links to items. You give the go ahead and you place the order. *I do not make purchases for you and therefore do not charge a markup fee.
- You can use your own contractor eg., painter, electrician if needed or I can recommend one.
- You make decisions: choose hardware, fabric, and fixtures.
- Need to work with a schedule in order to keep within the budget.
- Once the majority of everything arrives, I take over your space and reinvent it.
- I offer follow-ups if we are waiting on remaining pieces to arrive.